- The “wedge transom” system that uses only two wedges to produce a rigid unit that speeds scaffold erection significantly resulting in large savings on labour costs.
- The transoms are designed to be used in conjunction with scaffold tube standards and ledgers to form a quickly erected, 5 board wide “system” access scaffold.
- Intermediate transoms (board bearer) also available to support the scaffold boards used for decking.
Methods and Benefits of Use
- Located and fixed in a few seconds, easy to use, no loose components.
- It is a transom with a two board integral telescopic extension especially useful on contracts requiring cladding or second fixes.
- Can be used as a board bearer only i.e. tube and extension without ledger fixings.
- Extension and retraction of telescopic arm and boards is both rapid and safe. All operations carried out from safety of existing platform deck.
- Significant time and labour saving compared with hop up brackets.
- Adds rigidity to scaffold, bracing is reduced facilitating clear walkway access. Strong and robust construction.
- Scaffold spanner only required for extension adjustment, and locking.
- Can be specified to suit system scaffolds as well as tube and fitting applications with a choice of platform widths.
- 5 board plus 2 (extension) is standard
- Platform loading complies with load Class 6, this applies to main platform and cantilever section (reference EN 12811-1 Table 3)
- Ledger bracing is not required at working level providing system is in accordance with TG20:05 Section 10.2
- Adequacy of any tie system is the responsibility of the contractor.
- It is the responsibility of the contractor to ensure adequacy of ledgers to transfer loads from the Lynx Transom to the standards.
- It may be necessary to apply extra bracing due to adverse conditions, as in any scaffolding system.
- Facade bracing is required as normal.
- The product and its use refer to TG20:05 EN12810-1 and EN12811-1, to which all scaffolding usage should comply.
Please refer to user guidance notes sheet prior to using the product.
Three board extension transom is Load Class 1 (Ref EN12811-1 T 3) Load Class 6 applies to 1/2 board extension only